Orthopaedic Prehabilitation & Rehabilitation
Not only do we see patients for rehabilitation after Injury or as the result of a disease process but we also link closely with Orthopaedic surgeons for 'Prehab and Rehab'.
We help the patient to get themselves in the best possible fitness and flexibility prior to intended surgery. We then work directly with the surgeon to ensure the patient has the best evidence based rehab at the right stage of their recovery. Research has shown that this helps to promote the best possible outcome from surgery for the patient.
Rehabilitation is individualised depending on the surgical findings and in co operation with the surgeon.
Common Procedures that may require Prehab and post-op rehabilitation
- Rotator Cuff repair in the shoulder
- Shoulder stabilisation surgery
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction
- Ligament and Cartilage surgery to the knee
- Spinal Surgery
- Hip and Knee Replacements
- Arthroscopy or the Hip, Knee, Ankle
- Ankle Surgery